Andrea plays with an Alhambra Guitar José María Vilaplana NT Series model
She is a Spanish classical guitarist considered as one of the young promises and this is corroborated by her concert career. When she was eight years old, she offers her first concert and since then, this guitarist has not ceased his career as a concert performer.
At the age of seven years, she began her guitar studies under the tutelage of her mother Ana María Caballero at the Andrés Eguiguren music school in Eibar. At the same time, she receives classes from the maestros Bienvenido Rodríguez and Carmen Becerra until the age of twelve years.
In 2010 she began her studies at the Robert Schumann Superior Music Conservatory in Düsseldorf (Germany) where she graduated in 2014 with the teacher Joaquín Clerch. Andrea is the winner of the 13th Alhambra Guitar Competition held last June in Valencia.
She has been invited to perform at international festivals such as the "International Guitar Festival of Szeged", Hungary, "Monterrey Guitar Festival" in Mexico, or "Isaac Nicola Festival" in Havana, Cuba. She has performed concerts in different cities in Spain (Madrid, Barcelona, Alicante, San Sebastián, Pamplona ...), Italy, Holland, Germany, Cuba, Mexico and Hungary.
At the age of 17, she made her debut with the orchestra "Andrés Eguigure" at the Teatro Coliseo de Éibar, Guipúzcoa, performing as soloist the concert "Fantasía para un geltilhombre" by Joaquín Rodrigo and in 2003 she performed as a soloist with the orchestra of guitar of the conservatory from San Sebastián in the auditorium Kursaal.
She has been awarded a scholarship by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation of Bonn, DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service), AIE Society of Performers of Spain, "Diputación Foral de Guipúzcoa" and " Town Hall of Éibar ".
In 2013 she obtained the Erasmus scholarship to study at the Klagenfurt Music School in Austria, with the teacher Marco Tamayo.
Andrea Gonzalez has participated in numerous international competitions obtaining more than 20 prizes, to emphasize:
· 1st Prize at the 40th F. Sor International Competition (Rome) and special prize "Carla Minen" for the best interpretation of the works composed by F. Sor
· David Russell Honorary Award for Young Talents (Vigo)
· 1st International Guitar Prize held in Weimar (Germany)
· 1st prize in the contest F. Tárrega (VilaReal)
· 1st prize in the international contest Daniel Fortea (Castellón)
· 1st Prize XII Zarautz Guitar Festival
· 1st prize in the 1st contest of Young Musicians of the Basque Country
· 3rd prize in the international competition Norba Caesarina (Cáceres)
· 3rd prize in the international guitar competition Andrés Segovia (Linares).
· 1st prize at the Alhambra International Guitar Competition
Andrea Gonzalez Caballero is her first cd and it was recorded by Naxos records in Toronto, in January 2017, with the collaboration of Guitarras Alhambra.
You can get more information about Andrea González on her website and different official social networks:
Join us to register your Alhambra guitar, receive support and be up to date of offers and news.