Guitarras Alhambra asks Alhambra artists from all over the world what they think and how this pandemic has affected their lives.
Interview Nikita Boldyrev
1. How has the Covid-19 pandemic affected your artistic activity?
Like any musician my life has changed a lot, all performances were cancelled and it is impossible to study with my students offline, at the same time I have a lot of free time for my creative and online activity as well as for my private…
2. Now that we all have to adapt and reprogram ourselves to this situation, in what new projects are you working on?
Due to coronavirus a large number of online concerts and festivals appeared. By the way, on April 17th I am lucky to play one concert with the great guitarist Stepan Rak. I am also actually developing my online school and I am planning to make its English version in the near future.
3. In what positive way do you think this situation is affecting the society and the planet?
In first glance, it seems to be that the coronavirus can have no positive effect but if you look more all of them you can see that all the humanity has come out of its own stereotypes and this is always very useful for the personal development. Actually, now is the time to look at the world around us and ourselves from a different angle.
4. What hobby or other activity have you started doing that you did not have time for before?
I would not say that I have more free time but I begin to spend more time with my family.
5. What would you advise to artists and art lovers in general to focus and be positive on this global stage that we are going through?
I think that a lot of free time it is always a gift for creative persons. You will be able to do something that you have been putting off for a long time and to start searching for new ideas.
6. After the coronavirus, do you think we will have learned anything and changed our lifestyle?
I think that the virus can teach something to people, someone will start to wash their hands more properly, someone will learn more about themselves and others.., but the humanity I think that the situation it is unlikely to teach them something, I think that it is already impossible to scare our humanity with anything.