Winner of the XIV edition of the Alhambra International Guitar Competition 2018. Pedro plays with an Alhambra guitar, Vilaplana NT model
Pedro Aguiar was born in Brazil in 1990. After graduating in Music from the Federal University of Goiás in 2011, he moved to study in Paris, at the Conservatory of Music of Rayonnement d Aulnay-sous-Bois, forming part of the prestigious Judicaël class Perroy, coming to work as an Assistant Professor at the Munich University of Music and Performing Arts.
Pedro Aguiar is currently a professor at the Grünwald Music School (Musikschule Grünwald).
Since 2011, guitarist Pedro Aguiar has won many awards:
- Salzburg Guitar Fest (Universidad de Mozarteum, Austria, 2017)
- XXXIX Concurso Internacional de Guitarra Gargnano (Italia, 2014)
- Concurso Internacional de Guitarra Andrés Segovia (La Herradura, España, 2014)
- Concurso Internacional de Guitarra Dr. Luis Sigall (Chile, 2017)
- Aachener Preis (Alemania, 2015)
- Vital Medeiros International Guitar Competition (Brasil, 2012)
- Punta del Leste International Guitar Competition (Uruguay, 2011)
- Amarante International Guitar Competition (Portugal, 2015).
- XIV Concurso Internacional de Guitarra Alhambra (2018)
In addition, in his concert career Pedro Aguiar has played with renowned international musicians, including: Wen-Sinn Yang (cello), Débora Hálasz (piano), Phillip Stubenrauch (double bass) and Rudens Turku (violin).
Their first CD has been recorded with the world's largest classical music label, NAXOS records. An album that is part of the first prize in the Alhambra International Guitar Competition.
About Pedro Aguiar we can say that he is a very complete guitarist, with an exceptional technique, very good sound and delicacy in his performance. A young man with a prosperous artistic career ahead.
You can get further information about Pedro Aguiar on his website and different official social networks:
Join us to register your Alhambra guitar, receive support and be up to date of offers and news.